By ShadowS56
SPG » 25 Sep 2014 19:01 wrote:people saying to make him longer are wrong, just saying
his rocks need to be bigger, as for all the other flaws... I'll step in when it seems to be required
also, make the rocks... like rocks not just triangular spheres, in other words be creative with it, but do that last once all the other issues are addressed

Alright, thanks for the input. So what about all the other issues? If your saying I need to make the rocks more like rocks last, shouldn't you tell me the other ones first? :P

Bigger rocks model will be uploaded shortly.

By joshua_DA
ShadowS56 » 26 Sep 2014 01:54 wrote:
SPG » 25 Sep 2014 19:01 wrote:people saying to make him longer are wrong, just saying
his rocks need to be bigger, as for all the other flaws... I'll step in when it seems to be required
also, make the rocks... like rocks not just triangular spheres, in other words be creative with it, but do that last once all the other issues are addressed

Alright, thanks for the input. So what about all the other issues? If your saying I need to make the rocks more like rocks last, shouldn't you tell me the other ones first? :P

he is probably referring to the huge amount of uneeded polys on steelix's face. the face looks decent but try to clean the polys up. there are lines all over the place on the head where they shouldnt be/are not needed.
By ShadowS56
joshua_DA » 25 Sep 2014 23:01 wrote:
ShadowS56 » 26 Sep 2014 01:54 wrote:

he is probably referring to the huge amount of uneeded polys on steelix's face. the face looks decent but try to clean the polys up. there are lines all over the place on the head where they shouldnt be/are not needed.

Oh, ok. I'll work on that.
By ShadowS56
#137955 Uploaded version without so many polys. Tell me if/where there are still too many.

EDIT: Aaand a lot more lines and such are showing up on sketchup that aren't actually there... yay...
By SPG
ShadowS56 » September 26th, 2014, 7:36 pm wrote:Uploaded version without so many polys. Tell me if/where there are still too many.

EDIT: Aaand a lot more lines and such are showing up on sketchup that aren't actually there... yay...

sometimes it gets triangulated at some parts, dont worry about that, we triangulate the ENTIRE model before we put it in the game
By dyinghere
#138043 I think the spines need to be a bit more choppy too. They're looking a little too perfect, you know? Rough 'em up a bit, make those rockier too haha. And the first one might need to be a little thicker? I can't tell if it's just perspective messing with my eyes, though. Textures might make a huge difference!
By SPG
#141453 Might as well post some stuff
the first rock with spikes (so the biggest one) needs to be the same size, or bigger then the one before it touching the head. The spikes the on middle body rock are too long, make it about 3/4 its current size (we may have to play with this a bit for it to look good) The last spike is also too long, make it 1/2 its current size (will also have to experiment with this) The spike...or tail is more or less a rock, right now you have it as a spike coming out of a ball, it should be its own segment like the other rock pieces, you can also reduce the poly count on the ball a bit, you dont need that many.
before I tell you to do ANYTHING on the head, you really have to clean it up. No, I'm not talking about the triangles, but the geometry is a mess, you can reduce it a lot because you have a lot of unneeded polys, you have some pieces of the head merging into other pieces, you have random flaps of mesh jsut hanging out ect, over all just clean it up, this may seem pointless but it reduces lag in the game and overall makes it easier to texture

if anyone else wants to try their hand at making steelix nothings is stopping you. You can also take this feedback into consideration
JOIN THE TEAM