By TheNew4
#110688 The lower jaw is a bit to long on both models in my opinion, unless that's how they should be for animation purposes, but other than that the models look very well.
By Tecorsuh
TheNew4 wrote:The lower jaw is a bit to long on both models in my opinion, unless that's how they should be for animation purposes, but other than that the models look very well.

That's my fault, the angles I currently have screen-shotted are a little wonky, I am in the process of updating with additional angles.

Fake Edit:
Houndour Update 1 | Show

Houndoom Update 1 | Show

The profile view should give you a better idea of how long the lower jaw is.

Edit:
When the lower jaw is rotated back into the shut position, it is the correct length.
Houndour Shut Mouth | Show

Houndoom Shut Mouth | Show

Edit 2:
Houndoom Genders
Houndoom Male Vs Female | Show
By MoneyPanda
#110928 :D WOW!! These are absolutely amazing! Really did the line the justice it deserves. The horns look great, love the longer tail on Houndoom, it was really long in the cartoon, enough to wrap around Togepi. Yes I had a great childhood growing up on Pokemon shows, don't judge me xD The mouth did look funny in the pic, like the bottom jaw looked longer than the top jaw, but the closed mouth pic made it make sense so no complaints there. Great models, can't wait to catch one for myself. Maybe more than one and keep both evolutions, they're both so cool.
By HowlingCoyote
#110963 wow I just finished my own houndoom today too x-x I dunno if I should post it now since it doesn't have a pose-able mouth.

The head's a bit more round on houndoom and the eyes aren't directly off the muzzle.
The spikes on the back don't go that far down either and I think the front shoulders are a bit too wide

houndours head is awkwardly narrow and the muzzle goes a bit too far down the neck. Plus the back end is kind of lower since it sticks its chest out.
By Tecorsuh
HowlingCoyote wrote:The head's a bit more round on houndoom and the eyes aren't directly off the muzzle.
The spikes on the back don't go that far down either and I think the front shoulders are a bit too wide

I was basing my model more on the anime than the game sprites, since the anime had better reference angles than the singular sprite
As for the muzzle, I see what you mean and I do agree that the muzzle texture needs a different shape around the eye.

My Main References | Show
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:EP180.png
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:229Houndoom_OS_anime.png
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:229-Houndoom.jpg

HowlingCoyote wrote:houndours head is awkwardly narrow and the muzzle goes a bit too far down the neck.

Fixing that now, when I remade the mouth/neck earlier I neglected the top of the head and didn't adjust the texture of the muzzle.

Edit:
Houndour Head Shape Update | Show

HowlingCoyote wrote:Plus the back end is kind of lower since it sticks its chest out.

I accounted for that. The rump is lower, but it is not quite as exaggerated as that sprite
JOIN THE TEAM