Exciting new information regarding Pixelmon!
By tridaak
#201751 ...Did you even read the message? It says "after a request from the Pokémon company we will be shutting our doors"
Their hands are tied, they don't have much of an option.
By tridaak
#201754 "OMG... Why!!! Can you change the names and looks a little pls!
Then they couldnt stop you and..."
No... They own the right to pokemon and their likeness. Not to mention it also copies game mechanics.
By Rhigamer21
#201767 Aww, man! I was looking forward to downloading this mod as only wanted to try it out!! :-(
MrMasochism wrote:It's Been a Gréat Ride

With much sadness, but keeping all our fond memories, we must announce that Pixelmon is ending its development. We have had a great time making this mod and creating such a wonderful community but after a request from the Pokémon company we will be shutting our doors. I'm sorry for the disappointment this will cause but let's remember all the great times we had playing Pixelmon, discussing Pokémon, making awesome things inside this mod and everything else that we've done.

All good things come to an end eventually and now is our time. However there are always more things to do, to be a part of and to enjoy. Keep going out there to find fun projects to be a part of and other great things to invest your time and enthusiasm into.

Farewell,
The Pixelmon Team
By xGoldenz
#201770 Ugh I've been waiting for the chance to buy a sash and I've finally gained the chance but now it's gone. Along with the cap too.. perfect. Now I have no chance to buy the hat and I've been so pumped to get it. They could have still stayed available, just the cap even. Well... farewell. :bored:
By MinerKombat1557
#201790 These last 4 or so years has been one hell of a ride. It's been nice knowin' you all. This mod truly was one of the best i've seen, but all good things must come to an end.

Tis been fun. Tis been fun. Bye, Pixelmon.
By Pacmak121
#201791 like one of the admins said the mod had enough differences to not be copyrighted. but i accept the fact that pokemon doesn't want you to copy what they've made. :cry: farewell pixelmon.