By DrawnHorizons
#198422 Hey there,

Backstory

So after a few months of working on my server it was finally time for spawns. Each route is suppose to mimic HG/SS spawns but the problem I had was Day/Night spawns. While I did find a temporary solution it just wasn't reliable so I decided to make this post after going around the Pixelmon Discord a bit.

The Suggestion

Currently Pixelmon spawners have two methods of spawning which are by tick and on receiving a redstone current. My suggestion would be to make it so there would be a third option for it to be enabled to disabled based on if it is powered or not. This third option would be exactly like "Fire on Tick" only it would only tick based on if it is powered.

How would this be used?

This would allow servers with adventure maps to easier implement day and night spawns. Instead of having command blocks edit the block data of the spawners to make the spawners switch between the two to simulate an on and off so that there can be a "Day/Night" spawn system. Adding this feature would simply allow for a day night sensor to be placed on top of the spawner, eliminating the hassle of complex redstone or clocks and in the end causing less block updates.

End Note

Thanks for looking and I really hope this feature gets implemented. Thanks for all the work on Pixelmon and see you around o/

By Detchy
#198426 I really want this to be a thing, would be so useful for adventure maps and such that want to copy the games' system of day and night pokemon.

Very well presented btw :)
JOIN THE TEAM