Would you like to see this implemented?

83%
17%
By Corcustos
#199740 As the title suggests, I think it would be nice if Ranch Blocks kept their upgrades when you break them. I'm not entirely sure how possible this is, but I'll try to explain my idea the best I can.

What I'm thinking could happen is that when you upgrade a Ranch Block, it becomes an entirely new block. For example, if I were to upgrade it once, it would become a new block called "Ranch Block 1". This is the block that you obtain when you mine it back up. When placing a Ranch Block 1, it will always apply the first upgrade upwards. A Ranch Block 2 would place it upwards and downwards. It would continue to the left with #3, and then all four by 1 with #4. The Ranch Blocks 1-12 would continuously repeat the pattern of upgrading up, down, left, right. If you really wanted to, there could be sub-types such as "Ranch Block 1U" and "Ranch Block 2LR" which would carry a single upgrade upwards, and upgrades to the left and right respectively. This may be rather difficult using the current system, so if it's not possible right now, I also have an idea to solve that. The current right-click to upgrade system could be converted into a crafting system. You could craft a Ranch Block 1 by putting a Ranch Block and a Ranch Upgrade in a crafting table. A Ranch Block 2 would be made with a Ranch Block 1 and a Ranch Upgrade. So on and so forth. If you did end up using the sub-type system you could put a Ranch Block in the center of the table, and a Ranch Upgrade on the tile above to create a Ranch Block 1U. You could then take the Ranch Block 1U and throw a Ranch Upgrade to the right of it to make a Ranch Block 1UR. Place another upgrade to the left of that product to create a Ranch Block 1ULR. When crafting multiple upgrades, the order priority of U-D-L-R would apply in the name. Placing an upgrade above a Ranch Block that already has "U" in its name would have no result. Just like normal, the upgrades won't be able to be reobtained once used.

This is pretty much my idea. I think it would be very beneficial as this is one of the most annoying things when breeding. You end up building your home and getting an upgraded breeder, but you end up either wanting to move or accidentally breaking it with a high efficiency pickaxe when changing the environment. The moving part applies moreso on servers, though. I hope I was able to explain this properly and that you will consider implementing it. Thanks!

P.S. This is probably pointless if the intentions were to make ranch upgrades impossible to retain in the first place... If this is the case, why shouldn't we be able to?

By Feutore
#199744 As long as you won't be able to simply remove the upgrades, sure. Not sure if the devs wanna redo the whole upgrade system though. We will see, I guess.
JOIN THE TEAM