By Noremac11
#173170 For people not interested in my ramblings at the bottem is a summarization of my ideas.
_
I was on pixelmon today searching through my pc, and was completely lost to where I put a certain pokemon. Took me a good 2 minutes to find the lil bugger. Then I had realized that the PC has no "Search Funtion". I never noticed until now but a search function for the PC would be super helpful and would help any and all pixelmon players searching through the vast amount of pokes they have in their pc.
Now I can imagine this would be a big help but I also was thinking maybe customizable PC backgrounds, just to bring out some colors and variety into the pc. (This is a wishful idea and honestly not very important, but would be a cool concept to see.) Another not so important but would be a really cool function is a battle box. So this could be your ace team or whatever your imagination has uses for it. One of my last ideas for better PCs would be the power to change the PCs box name so you can put, "Water Team1", "Weather Team", "Shinies", "Legendaries", etc.
_
So basically-
PC Search Function
PC Background colors/designs
PC Battle Box
Rename the Box Tag/Line.
-
I do apologize if this has been recommended before, however I did not see any suggestions for it. All these ideas for better PC are all "ideas" and not a big deal if not all of them are implemented, or the idea of better PCs in general. Please feel free to leave a suggestion to improve the idea, if you want to.

By SKyTheThunder
#173176 Yeah, it's about time the PC got an upgrade.

Search Function:
Nice Idea, but not very detailed yet. What exactly would the search do?
The first idea that comes to mind here would be to list all matching Pokémon in a separate "search box". From there you'd be able to put them in your team; upon leaving it they'd get put back wherever the search got them from. BUT! This is a hellhole full of potential duplication/deletion glitches. It would take quite a while until it'd be working at all and cause tons of grief in the process.
I'd go with a less direct approach: The search function lists all boxes that contain matching Pokémon (with number + name). Each list entry would be a link to the corresponding box. That way you still have to look through that one box, but you avoid any and all duplication/deletion problems.

Backgrounds:
Personally I don't care for those, but I'm the last person who'd argue against more customization.

Battle Box:
What's the difference between the battle box and a regular one? Or is it only the name? If so, then you could easily make a battle box yourself if the naming feature is implemented...

Renaming Boxes:
Nice idea, especially for people who catch tons of Pokemon. I'd not get rid of the original numbers though. Just seeing "Bug 2" as the box' title doesn't tell you where you are. When you have "Box 14 | Bug 2" though, you can roughly see your position in your boxes and estimate where to go next.
By Noremac11
#173181 Well search would "search" for your pokemon... You type it in the bottem right hand corner or wherever it is, and in the pc screen it will show the name you typed in. It could work either way like this.
(A screen/pc menu box will pop up and show you the poke you typed in)
or
(The pokemon you searched for is "highlighted" in the pc box and all you gotta do is look for the highlight).
-
The backgrounds idea like I had said is not a huge deal at least I think but I am sure a lot of people would enjoy seeing something new and colorful in the pc box instead of it being bland and grey.

Battle Box is a place to keep your essential BR pokemon, or a team you wish to use for a certain gym,E4, etc. It only has 6 slots in the battle box.

For boxes I was just using the names as examples... Also if you wanna be that organized than sure go ahead, but if you have boxes named after certain teams,types,etc. It does not matter what number box you are in as long as you look for that name of what you are looking for... Also this is where a search function could come in handy, and even backgrounds. Say I want a green background for my grass team. Or a Red background for my fire types. You should get the idea.
By SKyTheThunder
#173204 I don't really see the use of a Battle Box. It's just a regular box but in small. Why not just use the last box instead and just name it "Battle Box"? It'd do just the same...

Why I mentioned keeping the number was because it can get a bit annoying to switch through all the boxes while searching for a certain one. Even more so if you're using more than the regular 16 boxes. Knowing that the first box (where your new catches are) is only X away from the current one is nice.
Sure, you could just do it yourself - I'd like to think for those who don't think of that beforehand though. It doesn't have to be a full-text addition to the name, but at least a little number in the corner would be nice.
By Feutore
#199364 Hey Nore :P
Yeah a search bar would be nice, the rest is just for looks but I think the design of the PC will change anyways. While I don't need the search bar myself since I keep my PC tidied up, the feature would great for collectors nonetheless. It also becomes quite a mess even for me after having bred so many pokes so yeah, this would be nice but I understand that it would change the entire current set up of PC's. At least I think so since searching would change the order of the mons/the box they are in right now. Like I can imagine it being a bit of a pain to develope judging by the current set up of the PC.
By Rasgnarok
#199378 If there were submissions of textures for the PC backgrounds, this would be much closer to being added. Again, it is not just about the ideas, but contributing to development. So head over to Assets, and submit some backgrounds.

As for the rest, there is already a planned and approved idea regarding search/jump functions in the PC, but it is low priority.
JOIN THE TEAM